Heidi Davis is a self proclaimed "ham" with a love of comedy and all things wacky!
When she was a child Heidi recalls memorizing all of Jim Carey's lines from "The Mask" and "Ace Venture" and Robin Williams' bits from "Mrs. Doubtfire" and "Aladdin" and annoying her friends and family with them constantly.
That was the start of her passion for creating crazy characters, doing celebrity impersonations, and making people laugh.
She has performed in over 40 plays, musicals, and operas, and she continues to work professionally as a singer and actress.
In Portland she gets to scratch her character "itch" with Red Shoe Productions where she performs as her comedy idol, Lucille Ball, as well as Elsa from "Frozen," and all her favorite Disney Villains.
Heidi also produces and performs in musical cabarets and original jukebox musicals as the artistic director of Torchsong Entertainment LLC. For videos and recordings of Heidi visit: www.HeidiDavisSoprano.com.
In Adventures in #Adulting, Heidi tackles not one, not two, but THREE small (but memorable) characters!
1. Out of the 3 characters you play, which one are you most similar to and which one was the most fun to play?
I am most similar to the Singing Telegram because I'm a showboating singing ham, but it was the most fun to play Michele/Jay who I am the LEAST like. Portraying such an iconic character was challenging, but so rewarding. It really stretched me as an actor. Snootchie Bootchies!
2. Which episode of Adventures in #Adulting do you feel will appeal the most to audiences?
The Halloween episode for sure. Halloween party episodes are always MY favorite when I watch a TV series.
3. What is your favorite 90's movie?
HOCUS POCUS. Duh. I'm pretty sure it's my favorite movie, PERIOD. And I know ALL the dialogue by heart.
4. Which full album from the 90's would be the first you'd add to a playlist?
Weird Al Yankovic - Bad Hair Day. He is one of my idols!
5. Who has been your favorite cast member to work with on Adventures and #Adulting?
Randy Kovach of course!!! I know everyone will say Craig (because who does't love a glittery gold stripper) but I stand by my awesome Silent Bob!
6. What brought you to Portland, Oregon?
It seemed like the cool thing to do.
7. In Portland, name your favorite place to grab some grub?
Nicolas's ...or Sizzle Pie... or City State for BRUNCH. I LOVE BRUNCH.
8. Who is the one actor/actress you'd love to work with?
Like a famous one? Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. We would make some amazing comedy together. And Johnny Depp. I'd love to create some wild characters with him.
9. Which of the 7 deadly sins are you most guilty of?
Gluttony. Which is why I hire tiny gnomes to stand outside my fridge and prod me with spears every time I reach for a cookie. That's the only way I stay in shape.
10. Why should people watch Adventures in #Adulting?
Because it's packed full of amazing 90's nostalgia! Also I feel that the main characters are really well developed, charming, and likable. I think viewers will really connect with them. There's also a lot of fun absurdity and silliness in the comedy that hearkens to Parks and Rec or 30 Rock that people will really love. Some of the side characters (wink wink) are also extremely colorful and hilarious!