Melanie Meijer is an native-Portland actress, known for Wishbone (2016) and The Wing Man (2012). Melanie joins the lead cast of Adventures in #Adulting in Season 1, Episode 7 and will be a prominent role in Season 2, as the continued love interest of Corey Caruso.
Melanie had her onstage debut at age 6 in Tiki Tiki Tembo. She went on to become a member of the touring children's theater company, the Portland Theater Brigade. It was there that she fell in love with the life of an actor. That love took her all the way to New York City where she attended the Atlantic Acting School.
Some of her favorite roles include Helen Jones/young woman in Machinal, Estelle in No Exit, and of course Pansy, the fortune telling, heroine addicted, New Zealander in love with her brother in the play Goa.
Melanie is happy to be back in the City of Roses close to her beautiful family and Portland's ridiculous restaurants. Yum.
1. In what ways are you and the character Annie similar?
I'm still getting to know Annie. Though what I've learned about her so far, I dig. She has a killer combo of being a genuine person and also having a strong sense of herself and primo confidence. I like to believe that I have those qualities, but I haven't quite mastered them yet like Annie. We also both need any potential significant other to have top notch taste in music. Very important.
2. Which episode of Adventures in #Adulting do you feel will appeal the most to audiences?
The Halloween episode was bananas. Who doesn't love bananas?
3. What is your favorite 90's movie?
Can't pick only one, of course. Love Fargo, The Professional, and American Beauty.
4. Which full album from the 90's would be the first you'd add to a playlist?
If you asked me then, I'd say Spice by Spice Girls, ask me now and I'd have to say either Moon Safari by Air or 69 Love Songs by the Magnetic Fields.
5. Do you think Annie and Corey will stay together?
Annie and Corey are in their blissed-out honeymoon stage right now, so hard to tell at this point if the magic will last. There's definitely potential though. If they both tap into their adult selves, I think they could have something really beautiful.
6. What brought you to Portland, Oregon?
Born in Portland! So I guess...my mom?
7. In Portland, name your favorite place to grab some grub?
The taco truck on 41st and Division in Portland has the best tacos in town, hands down.
8. Who is the one actor/actress you'd love to work with?
9. Which of the 7 deadly sins are you most guilty of?
10. Why should people watch Adventures in #Adulting?
Who doesn't want to experience all of the great 90's movies in a new, weird and hilariously Portland way??
Photo credit Garry Bastian Photography